Discount Script Purchasing Service
How it works
SCDA operates a script ordering scheme which has been expanded to provide members and member clubs with discounts on orders with a wide range of publishers:
Samuel French (discount given on all stock titles, not just scripts)
Amber Lane Press
Plays for Adults (Playstage Senior)
Pantomime Pantomime (for this company only, please order direct from www.PantomimePantomime.co.uk and quote SCDA member and the password “Stirling” to obtain your discount. You do not need to complete an order form for orders placed here.
Discount range, dependent on publisher and title, will be between 15-35% per script. Contact HQ for a quote for specific titles and publishers email@example.com
NB Many scripts are now “print on demand” meaning no printed copies are kept in stock but are printed as required. This can lead to longer lead times; please make sure your order your scripts in plenty of time.
How to order
1. To obtain your discount, you must order via HQ. Discounts will not be given on titles ordered direct from publishers except for “Pantomime Pantomime” (see “How it works”)
2. Orders must be placed using an HQ order form and the form must be returned to HQ by post or email attachment. (Get order forms from firstname.lastname@example.org or from www.scda.org.uk)
3. Please use a separate order form for each title (NB: all orders placed at the same time by a club will be counted as one order irrespective of publisher.)
4. All orders must be received by the last day of the month to be included in the following month’s bulk order.
5. Orders are placed on the 1st working day of the month. (NB: Orders worth £150+ will be placed on the day received.)
6. SCDA will charge clubs an admin fee equivalent to 35% of the sum discount given (maximum of £50 per total order) to cover costs. (For example: Total order value = £165, Total discount given by publishers @ 30% = £49.50, SCDA admin fee = £17.32, discount passed to club = £32.18)
7. Clubs will be charged postage on their orders unless they opt to collect orders from HQ by arrangement during normal opening hours.
8. Clubs will be invoiced for their order by SCDA.
9. Terms of payment for SCDA invoices are 14 days from date of invoice.
10. Orders cannot be cancelled once placed with publisher.
Download Order form here
Links to the script companies’ websites
www.playsforadults.com (Playstage Senior)
If you have any questions please contact Brenda Jane Williams, (SCDA Office Administrator)