Scottish Community Drama Association (SCDA)
- to support and foster creativity in performance and writing throughout Scotland;
- to support members and clubs in artistic, personal and social development;
- to develop links and partnerships throughout the theatrical world and the voluntary sector;
- to act as an advocate for community and amateur theatre.
In doing this, we: –
- enthusiastically support and encourage the development of theatre arts and drama in the volunteer-led sector by promoting high quality standards and best practice amongst our members.
- are proud to have members of all ages (from 8 to over 80!) from all over Scotland and offer a warm welcome to anyone interested in any aspect of amateur theatre
- were formed in 1926 to further amateur drama throughout Scotland with particular emphasis on rural communities where no theatre existed.
- link together drama societies, clubs and individuals, offering them advice, encouragement and practical support to further amateur and community drama.
- encourage playwriting, provide an advisory service on all aspects of theatre, and organise a range of training workshops and festivals.
Our National Office acts as a central hub, providing advice and supporting the network of clubs and members who are our most valuable assets.
Scottish Community Drama Association
Stirling, FK7 7RP
Tel 01786 440077