|After 25 years performing and directing in amateur theatre, Carole made the life-changing decision to attend the Royal Conservatoire of Scotland (RCS) in 2002. Four years later, she graduated with a 1st class Hons degree in Contemporary Theatre Practice. In 2016, she added a Post Grad Certificate in Arts and Education.
Carole’s decision was partly inspired by attending workshops and summer schools for amateur theatre makers. She understands the difference they can make.
|Becoming SCDA’s National Drama Advisor in 2011 was her dream job. It combines all her experience of amateur theatre with the skills honed through her studies. Since then, Carole has focused on delivering workshops and rehearsal visits to clubs across Scotland.
As well as working for SCDA, Carole is co-ordinator of an award-winning initiative at the RCS in Glasgow. It helps people living in areas of multiple deprivation to transition into Higher Education. She has also worked with community arts organisations focussed on health and wellbeing and has toured with the National Theatre of Scotland ‘s education programme.
Carole’s role as National Drama Advisor is to assist the Organisation with the following:-
- Providing support and input at a local level to clubs through tailored workshops and rehearsal visits
- Keeping members informed of any changes in legislation relating to Health and Safety or The Protecting Vulnerable Groups Scheme (PVG) and ensuring that up to date information is available on our website
- Creating adaptable resources and best practice information on subjects such as child protection
- Providing a timely advisory service by responding to members’ concerns or queries in connection with artistic, legislative or health & safety matters
- Networking with the wider theatre and arts sector, and negotiating partnerships with other bodies to support the long term development of the Association
- Raising the profile of the SCDA nationally and contributing to funding initiatives
- Recommending theatre specialists who can provide specialist skills or masterclasses where these cannot be delivered by herself.
Members should contact Carole on email@example.com with any questions or concerns that are not related to membership, and I will try to find practical and pragmatic, cost effective solutions to any production related problems.