Youth Leaders Network
The Youth Leaders Network was launched at the beginning of March 2021 and is free for any member of SCDA to join.
“At first I wasn’t sure what could be gained from group conversations but after the first session I realised how important it is to get an idea of what everyone else in the sector are doing”
Dean, Birchvale Players
How do I sign up?
Please contact our Carole Williams, our National Drama Advisor on email@example.com
What is the Network for?
The aims of the network are to focus on
- Recovery from Covid – how do we safely return to activity and be compliant with Government guidelines
- Sharing challenges and successes with each other
- Sharing resources – funding recommendations, non-SCDA workshops, online resources, books etc
- Identifying workshops and/or masterclasses to help develop workshop/facilitation skills
- Increasing the presence/visibility of young people within SCDA
Who is it for?
We welcome anyone who interacts with young people and would like to be involved in defining and delivering the national SCDA strategy for supporting youth groups.
What commitment is expected of me?
The network is currently meeting online approx once every 2 months. Members of the network are expected to contribute to a shared online document as and when they become aware of any resources that would be useful to SCDA clubs. They are also asked to share their club news with other members
Why should I join?
This is an open and supportive group where people can interact with like-minded individuals from across Scotland.
Current members of the network have already commented on how useful they have found it to share their challenges and get support from other clubs who have often had similar experiences.